Medical emergencies may happen anytime and anywhere. Whatever be the nature of the emergency it always needs help at hand and as fast as possible. Time is the driving factor in case of emergencies and if medical attention is not provided immediately, fatal consequences are inevitable. Through emergency Medical care millions of lives around the globe are being saved every day.
Emergency medical services (EMS) focus on the provision of immediate or urgent medical interventions. Its purpose is to stabilize patients who have a life-threatening or limb-threatening injury or illness
Emergency medical services have three components: care in the community; care during transportation and care on arrival at the receiving health facility. Emergency medical services (EMS) are designed to overcome the factors most commonly implicated in preventable mortality, such as delays in seeking care, access to a health facility, and the provision of adequate care at the facility.
Provision of effective and up-to-date EMS educational and training programs can contribute to better emergencies outcomes.
Excellence and leadership in providing high quality educational and training programs in Emergency Medical Services nationally, regionally and globally.
To provide state-of-art training programs that keep pace with evidence-based guidelines through optimal use of available resources including well-qualified instructors, modern technologies and appropriate settings to reach global standards in disseminating knowledge, skills and techniques for the health team members and public from different backgrounds that enhance their response toward any emergency situation.
Upon the request of his majesty King Abdulla II, The National Emergency Medical Services Educational Center (NEMSEC) has been established in 2004. Its main purpose was to prepare well trained medical personnel who are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to provide a highly competent emergency and pre-hospital care especially for military personnel during war and field operations in addition to Civil Defense personnel. The NEMSEC was accredited from Albalqa Applied University. In 2005 the first groups of paramedic students were selected and started their Advanced Paramedic Diploma program. Participants were selected from Military, Civil Defense and the ministry of health.
NEMSEC is accredited from the following agencies:
• American Heart Association (AHA) for cardiopulmonary resuscitation courses in 2009.
• American College of Surgeons (ACS) For Advanced Trauma Life Support course (ATLS) in 2013.
• National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT) 2015 in cooperation with American College of Surgeons (ACS) for Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support course (PHTLS) in 2014.
• Society of Trauma Nurses (STN) in 2015 in cooperation with American College of Surgeons (ACS).
Classrooms and skill stations
NEMCEC is equipped with modern technology Classrooms and skill stations and all the necessary equipments, Manikins and simulators that are needed for the theoretical and practical aspects of the courses.
Aims of NEMSEC
1. To reach global standards in providing medical training program specialized in emergency medical services.
2. To prepare a well trained paramedic staff who are highly equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that enables them to provide competent emergency and pre-hospital care especially for military personnel during war and field operations in addition to Civil Defense personnel.
(NEMSEC) Programs List& Calendar:
1. Paramedic Associated Degree Program.
2. American Heart Association (AHA) Courses:
a. Heart Saver (HS) course.
b. Basic Life Support (BLS) course.
c. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course.
d. Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) course.
3. Neonatal Resuscitation Training (NRT) Program.
4. Courses accredited by American College of Surgeons (ACS):
a. Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS-Provider ) course.
b. Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS-Instructor) course.
c. Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN-Provider) course.
d. Advanced Trauma Care for Nurses (ATCN-Instructor) course.
5. Courses accredited by National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians (NAEMT):
a. Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS-Instructor) course.
b. Pre Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS-Provider) course.
6. Emergency medical technician courses:
a. Emergency Medical Technician – Basic (EMT-B) course.
b. Emergency Medical Technician – Intermediate (EMT-I) course.
c. Tactical Medic Training (TMT) course.
d. Triage course.
e. First aid course.
• Courses time table.
• NEMSEC Photo Gallery
• NEMSEC Video Gallery